Just When I Thought it was Safe!

Boy was I wrong! Many of you who know me, know that I tend to be a bit overprotective. Lately I've been realizing my hold on the kids is a bit too tight and may cause damage in the long run. For me of course, not them! Anyways, recently I let the boys ride their bikes a tad farther than usual to visit a neighbor friend.

Long story short, these other kids did not make very good choices and the cops arrived at my house!! Yes, the cops! Lee and Jayden witnessed a 10 year old making threats with a pocket knife, and another 10 year old swinging a Ninja sword. If that wasn't enough there was a pit bull dog involved who now lives with a well known company. You may have heard of it, Animal Control!

Lee and Jayden did the right thing and skidadled (sp) home but it was a very scary ordeal. Maybe there's an angel protecting them because this scenario could've gone in a very different direction. They have now written their first ever police reports at the ages of 7 and 11.

Comments

  1. The Father of one of the boys came to our house tonight at 8pm. We have never met him before but he wanted to speak to Lee. Travis walked outside and let him know that Lee would not be speaking with him, but that Travis could answer any questions and let him know Lee and Jayden's story. He is the best Papa Bear!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts