Sleepy Kiddos

Every night at bedtime Jayden, age 7, asks me to lay down and cuddle with him. I usually have to reluctantly decline because I know I will fall asleep and wake up with horrid aches and pains from his flimsy kid mattress.

Well, last night I gave in which I do try to do every now and then. And lets face it, if I did this every night he won't learn to go to sleep on his own. So I lay down and place my head on his freshly washed pillow that smelled so good and Jayden puts his arm over my shoulder. I can't help but hold his hand with my right hand and notice, he's growing so fast but still IS my baby. His wrist is as wide as three of my fingers. Still very small.

I realized while laying there, that I HAVE A VERY SPECIAL LIFE AND AM ENJOYING THE LITTLE MOMENTS. Sorry for the CAPS but it felt appropriate. After only 5 minutes or so Maverick showed up and we gave him a few scratches and pets, resumed our positions, and Jayden was breathing deeply while falling into sleep and sweet dreams.

I waited a bit longer pondering my good fortune in life, then slunk off the side of the bed, got a cramp in my neck, stepped on the dog, got a cramp in my left leg and snuck out. The moment was well worth the pain.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts