Daycare Fire
Sad times for many families in our neighborhood.
Our beloved daycare burned down last night, Sunday, September 4th only 3 days before the first day of school. Lee started going to this daycare when he was 3 years old and each child has followed (total of 9 years with Red Apple). This school year Jayden would have gone to daycare before and after school (they did drop off & pick up) so now we are not sure what we're going to do. Owen also attended this daycare while I worked at the bank.
Seriously, I may have to quit my job due to this horrible disaster. We depended on this daycare in a very big way. Yes, it affects our family, but that seems so miniscule compared to what the owner of this daycare must be going through. Red Apple Daycare was a family owned/run facility for approximately the last 25 years. The posting of the picture below was a questionable one. If I understand the angle of the photo, then I have stood in that spot many times where the firemen is crouched down to hear funny stories of what my kids did during the day, or even who they kissed and sometimes relived injuries that happened on the playground.
We received a call of the events as they were happening Sunday and before I could repeat the news completely so Travis could hear he was off in the car to see. It was a sad sight. Numerous fire engines and aid cars. Luckily no one was in the building and no injuries from fire crews have been reported. While he was gone I sat on the couch watching the smoke blow by our house from the living room windows. It was a clear night; darkness filled with stars and smoke.
We are hopeful that Red Apple will carry on their business in a different building and still service our community. Thoughts and prayers are with the staff and Wages family.


Comments
Post a Comment